Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Well then...


 Hi folks. If you spend any time on the internet at all, you've probably heard about Google's latest.

If you haven't, here's the rundown. Google has decided that "adult blogs" that contain graphic forms of adult conversation or photos will be made private. So if your blogspot, like ours, talks about sex, we're essentially being removed from the internet. I don't know how many "invited" users Google will allow to these soon-to-be-private adult blogs, but obviously, they're cutting accessibility. I think they'd rather delete them all, considering a while ago, they did threaten to delete blogs that had "adult" advertising revenue.

Here's there lovely (new) email about their upcoming censorship policies:



We do have a wordpress version of this blog, but at this point, I have no idea if we'll even put the effort into continuing. We've loved all our readers, our commenters and our lurkers.

If we do continue to blog over there, I'll update here again, and you can always follow me on twitter, though I am intermittent in my activity there. We'll also still be on FetLife (that's a link to Master's profile, so you'll need to be signed in to use it).

(I wanted to title this blog "Shitty play, Google" but that just seems so obvious.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi creature,

Not sure if you realise this, but for now at least, they're just going after images. You can still write as much smut as you care to, just not post pictures of said fun.

I don't know how long it will stay that way, but I like to read here so I'm a bit biased towards not letting you stop writing ;)

-r. x

Noba said...

you could always move to tumblr instead

Reaperscreature said...

@rose
Thank you! I had missed that distinction when I first read the email...for some reason I subbed in "content" for their "pictures and video," silly me!

@Noba
I suppose that's true, too. Not sure about exporting our current content to tumblr, but that'd be another option.

Hopefully, Google will not continue their rampage against adult content and make no more threats against adult blogs.