Sunday, June 24, 2012

Awesomeness and suckage

Whew! What a wild, wild ride. We're slowly unpacking only what we need to unpack. We're debating on where we ultimately want to be, although the spot we landed in (at literally the last possible moment) is pretty flippin' awesome - other than the fact that we have no AC or ceiling fans. 

Throughout the move, i did my best to keep up with Master, plugging away, trying to haul in box for box, at least, if i couldn't manage the few pieces of furniture we did bring with us. We're not on the third floor or anything, but a half-flight to our front door, which is alright. But there is a full flight inside - we scored a pretty awesome little town home style apartment. So my knee, long damaged from my gracelessness and pavement, is adjusting. i digress, though. In the midst of the move, i did not drink enough fluids. i let myself get way too hot, way too stressed out, and wound up with a case of heat exhaustion. Master took pity on me and told me to take it easy. So on the days i felt pretty good, i'd do a little organizing, try and improve some of the flaws (like lack of curtains).

And Master and i had lots of awesome sex the first week we were here. i think we nailed 8 days in a row, technically speaking, though a lot of our toys weren't accessible, so it was very verbal, but very awesome and so, so sexy.

But then, i felt miserable; my core hurt, my legs hurt, my knees hurt, my head was throbbing, and despite the fact that it was around 90 degrees or better, and i was wearing as little clothing as possible - i got goosebumps and was reaching for a fleece blanket. Master didn't like it.

He made me take my temperature, found i was running a low grade fever, so He insisted that i rest. i felt a little better the next day, though still really sore and occasionally got goosebumps...but the third day...i felt like i'd been hit by a train. i couldn't move, i was so cold, water made me throw up, and i was as miserable as i've ever been. i put on a brave face, which Master saw right through, and found out my fever had spiked to almost 103 degrees. i kept reaching for blankets, but He wasn't having those shenanigans. He wanted the fever to break. He kept ordering me not to die, and tell Him if i felt like i needed to be taken to a <shudder> doctor.

After what felt like an eternity, the sun came up, but i made myself stay in bed. i tried to lay still and not make much noise while Master still slept. The fever had gone down overnight, but not by much. When Master did wake up, He agreed that staying in bed, watching movies and sleeping would be the best thing for me, and so i watched guiltily as He prepared to do some maintenance on His car, do the laundry, and pick up groceries. It's so hard for me to let Him take care of me and the house like that and not do something to help. He had to tell me to shut up because i was apologizing so much. :(

The day passed in a flurry of cartoons confused by random sleep, wakefulness and hating the heat, feeling too cold, and guilty. The night was very similar, only darker. But i woke up sometime before dawn and was finally, finally sweating - the fever broke!

At last, i was up and about again. Sort of, anyway, as my joints were still sore and my back felt like it had turned into jelly, but i could spend the day downstairs with my computer and look at the internet for a bit. After He'd done so much for me over the last few days, i suggested that it might be fun for Him to go see a movie He was interested in. He made a full day of it, and i was grateful that He was able to treat Himself instead of taking care of me.

i hate being sick, and i never want to run a fever like that in the summer again. Blerg. But now i'm on the mend, and hopefully can be a help to my beloved Master, who takes such good care of me.

No comments: