Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Gypped...

I am so pissed right now. Clear damn skies for weeks and the night of the Geminid meteor shower and the whole sky is blotted out by freaking clouds! The whole damned sky! The Geminid meteor shower is fueled by the Asteroid 3200 Phaethon and according to the Christian Science Monitor, it is one of the most spectacular of the annual meteor showers.

I cannot express just how much I was looking forward to this event, and now here I am under a blanket of clouds which, I swear to something holy, will no doubt be absent tomorrow night! F my geographic location! I'm going to bed...

4 comments:

B. Iddy said...

We didn't get to watch the Geminids, either. Aside from cloud cover, it was too cold to be outside. According to the thermometer and some conversion, it was about 0 of your American degrees out.

Anticipation will make the Leonids that much sweeter.

Master-Reaper said...

That it will.

I was so excited for it too, my back yard offers the perfect place to watch directly above, I can even see the disk edge of the milky way clearly. Freaking clouds!

I will be eagerly anticipating the next one...

B. Iddy said...

It sounds like our back yards offer similar views. That was definitely one advantage to moving out of the city - we actually get stars out here.

Master-Reaper said...

I'd just like to add to this that tonight was also clouded over. I blame you, unrelated and not directly responsible weather man! How dare you muck up my clear sky hopes with your cloud watching and eager desire to share pertinent information! Damn you to meteorological, turbulent, el-nino-y, jet streamed hell!...